Enomther has released an update to TheOfficial Nexus1 ROM.Â Version 1.6.1 has been released for a few days now and is rock solid as far as I can see.Â The new ROM has plenty of updates to keep you happy till the next release is available.Â It features a much enhanced SpareParts application that lets you do all kinds of cool things with your Nexus One and is entirely based off the AOSP 2.1r2-base (ERE27).
If you haven’t installed this update yet, your missing out.Â Check out the features in the changelog below:
2/14/2010 – v1.6.1 – STABLE – “Happy Valentine’s Day”
– Updated kernel, removed all debugging (for speed)
— supports the “tun” module along with the previously supported ones.
– linked up system/modules so that modprobe will function properly
– Converted to an AOSP 2.1r2-base (ERE27) entirely
— This primary yields as many locales as possible in TheOfficial (so more language support!)
– gapps and prop-binaries still based off the OTA-ERE27 update
— So yea, sry, but not pludging into ERE36B-leak atm.
– re-added com.google.android.hardware.nexus_one.jarÂ isPhoneOn? – Should be if you’re checking!!!
– updated the APN list, now it’s the massive one from CyanogenMOD
– updated most binaries from the AOSP-2.1r2
– added Development app (includes a “hidden” terminal with “a few issues”)
– added modded – SpareParts app – This serves as the primary interface to control TheOfficial ROM
(SpareParts options in a nutshell)
— Control which Modded Apps are used
— View and Control Storage Data Options
—- View FileSystem Sizes (Free/Used)
—- Implement Apps2SD
—- Implement Dalvik-cache2SD
—- Implement Dalvik-cache to /cache partition
— Control the PID Prioritzer on Launcher2
— Control userinit.sh startup execution
— Control OTA Update Notifications
— Various Quick Commands
—- Reboot normally or into recovery or bootloader
—- Mount /system read/write or readonly
—- (more to come, only need to dream them, suggestions welcome)
– added “optional” modded apps
— CyTown’s Phone MOD
— Wysie’s WyContacts MOD (w/out the scrolling letter bug!)
— An internationalized keyboard (that lacks VoiceSearch), but supports more international characters when typing!
— (more to come here too, eventually)
– updated the wired tether package (but not the wifi tether just yet, continue to ignore it’s “update prompt”)
– If you’ve already *manually* implemented apps2sd and/or dalvik-cache2SD, SpareParts will be unaware of this!
simply check the appropriate checkboxes for your setup and it will be sync’d up fine. No worries there.
– The “End button behavior” option in SpareParts is broken, so just don’t tamper with it. I’m going to look into it when possible.
– Themers do note the changes in the ThemeTemplates (particularly the app_store folder in /system now, 3-duplicate apps)
Head over to Enomther’s AndroidStory Developer Homepage for more info and downloads.