Kmobs has modified the Nexus kernel to bump the speeds by 10%. Although a small increase, it shows promising signs of progress. Using Cyanogens 5.0.2 Nexus ROM, and getting the idea from XDA member coolbho3000, the process looks relatively simple.
As you can see in the picture, the extra octane takes your N1 to 1113Mhz.
I unfortunately am without a Nexus (Still a loyal G1 user), so I cannot vouchÂ for this, but Kmobs claims 100% stability on his Nexus. Remember, your mileage may vary. Download and instructions after the jump.
From his page (instructions included):
The Nexus One is arguably one of the fastest, if not the fastest, phone on the market. But that doesn’t mean that we can’t make it faster. Taking a cue from the Droid, the Nexus One is also seeing an OC. A small, 10% OC is all this kernel contains, but it is completely stable. The processor is still running at the stock voltage, which means little to no risk to the actual hardware.
The actual process was relatively simple and required the editing of just one file. I got the idea from coolbho3000 from XDA-Developers and followed his guidelines. The changes were made to Cyanogen’s highmem kernel, so make sure to thank him as well. It has been 100% stable for me so far, and should be for all of you too. However, with that said, each processor is slightly different so there is a small chance that it won’t work for you. Remember, I hold NO responsibility for anything that goes wrong. I’m simply providing the kernel, whatever happens with it is on your shoulders not mine.
1. Root your Nexus and install the latest Cyanogen rom (5.0.2 as of 2/15/2010)
2. Download SetCPU from either XDA for free, or support the developer as I did and buy it on the market
3. Reboot into fastboot and type “fastboot flash zimage zImagekmobs”
4. Once your phone boots, open SetCPU and tell it to autodetect your CPU (Don’t choose Nexus from the list!)
5. Set the max clock to the highest and tell it to set on boot.
6. Enjoy 🙂
Big thanks to: Cyanogen, coolbho3000, TheDudesAndroid, and kb7sqi
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com/Kmobs