Cyaongen has release CyanogenMOD v4.1.5 based on the new Android Donut branch.Â According to Cyanogen, most of the bugs from v4.1.4 have been resolved except for the camcorder.Â So what’s in the new CyanogenMOD Donut build. I still haven’t loaded the ROM myself so all the information is taken from threads and cannot be fully verified by AndroidStory.
From what I’ve read many people are having problems with widgets and there are also posts about protected apps not running.Â There was a fix_permissions script that supposedly resolved the issues, but I haven’t read about much success.
Some people have also reported issues with calender sync in the latest versions.
The other issue with jumping to Android 1.6 is that most of the Home Screen replacements will no longer work. The good news is that the devs are working on upgrades to support the donut builds so it shouldn’t be long before they’re out.
I would still that unless your an advanced user I would recommend that you stay away from this release until it becomes more stable and reliable.
Head over to Cyanogen’s AndroidStory Developer Homepage for more info and downloads.
* Fixed video (YouTube, etc)
* Fixed FilePicker (PDFViewer, etc)
* Improved speed at which the in-call screen is displayed
* Removed GooglePartnerSetup since it causes mass ANRs and it doesn’t actually seem to do anything useful that I can figure out
* Should work better on Magic 32B now.
* Fixed protected apps issue
* Camcorder is still broken
* Lock screen is still default.. next version.